top of page
Campus Vote Project Logo
Fair Elections Center Logo


Voting Guide

Registration Deadlines and Election Dates

Advance Voter Registration Deadline: 14 days before Election Day

Eligible voters can also register to vote and cast a ballot at the same time at their assigned voting location on Election Day. Additionally, in the two week period after Advance Voter Registration has ended, voters may still register to vote and vote absentee at the same time in person at the county clerk’s office.

2024 Election Information

State Primary Election: August 20, 2024

  • Advance Voter Registration Deadline: August 5, 2024

  • Mail Ballot Application Deadline: August 19, 2024

General Election: November 5, 2024

  • Advance Voter Registration Deadline: October 21, 2024

  • Mail Ballot Application Deadline: November 4, 2024

For more information on 2024 local elections, please contact your local elections officials or visit:

Official Election Websites

More election information at:

Mail-in PDF voter registration form at:

Register at School or Home

Students have a decision about where to register to vote.

You have a right to register to vote at the address you consider the place where you live, whether that is your family's home or the place where you attend school. You should update your registration anytime this home address changes.

You may only be registered and vote in one location.

What Type of ID Do I Need to Register?

Paper Registration Form: The Wyoming voter registration form asks for your Wyoming driver’s license number, or the last four digits of your Social Security number and copies of other approved identification listed below. Please note that if registering by mail, you must have your application notarized before mailing and include a copy of your identification. Contact your county clerk for additional information.

In-person Registration: If registering to vote in person, you will need to present your unexpired Wyoming-issued driver's license. If you do not have an unexpired Wyoming driver's license, you can provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number and present one of the forms of ID listed below:

  • Photo ID from the University of Wyoming, a Wyoming community college, or a Wyoming public school

  • Wyoming driver’s license or ID card

  • Driver’s license issued by another state

  • ID card issued by a local, state or federal agency

  • U.S. passport

  • Military ID (including an ID card issued to the dependent of a military member)

  • A tribal ID from a federally recognized tribe

You may alternatively present two of the following documents:

  • Social Security card

  • Certification of U.S. Citizenship

  • Certificate of Naturalization

  • Military draft record

  • Voter registration card from another state or county

  • Original or certified copy of a birth certificate bearing an official seal

  • Certification of birth abroad issued by the United States Department of State

  • Any other form of identification issued by a government agency

If you are registering to vote in person on Election Day but do not bring the required identification documents, you may still vote a provisional ballot that will be counted so long as you provide the documentation to the county clerk by the close of business on the day following the election.

What Type of ID Do I Need to Vote?

Wyoming requires a voter to present identification when voting in person. Acceptable forms of identification include:

  • University of Wyoming student ID

  • Wyoming public school student ID

  • Wyoming driver's license or ID card

  • Tribal ID card

  • U.S. passport

  • Military ID

  • Driver's license or ID card issued by another state

  • Medicare insurance card

  • Medicaid insurance card

If you do not have one of the forms of identification, you can apply for a free voter identification card. For more information, visit:

Where Do I Vote?

Make a plan. Look up your voting site and hours at:

How Can I Vote?

By Mail: All registered Wyoming voters may vote by mail. You can fill out the absentee ballot request form and return it to your county clerk in person or via mail, or you may request an absentee ballot by email, phone, or in person at your county clerk’s office. The completed absentee ballot must then be returned in person or via mail to your county clerk’s office.

The absentee ballot request form is available here:

You can register to vote at the same time you apply for an absentee ballot by submitting a completed voter registration form and a copy of the required ID with your absentee ballot application.

  • Mail-in Ballot Application Deadline: Absentee ballot requests must be received before close of business on the day before Election Day, though be sure to leave yourself enough time to receive the ballot by mail and return your completed ballot before the deadline.

  • Completed Absentee Ballot Return Deadline: Completed absentee ballots must be received at the county clerk’s office by 7 p.m. on Election Day.

Contact your county clerk’s office to check your absentee ballot’s status:

For more information about voting by mail in Wyoming, visit:

Election Day: Voting sites will be open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. If you are in line by the closing time, then you have the right to vote.

Common Questions/Concerns

Does Registering to Vote Affect my Federal Financial Aid?

Where you register to vote will not affect federal financial aid such as Pell Grants, Perkins or Stafford loans, or your dependency status for FAFSA.

Does Registering to Vote Affect my Status as a Dependent on my Parents’ Taxes?

Being registered to vote at a different address from your parents does not prevent them from claiming you as a dependent on their taxes.

Does Registering to Vote Impact my Tuition Status?

Being deemed out-of-state for tuition purposes does not prevent you from choosing to register to vote in your campus community.

Will Registering to Vote in Wyoming Affect My Driver’s License or Car Registration?

As a full-time student in Wyoming, you may have to make these changes regardless of whether you register to vote in Wyoming. For more information, contact the Wyoming Department of Motor Vehicles.

Fair Elections Center and Campus Vote Project intend the information contained herein to be used only as a general guide. This document should not be used as a substitute for consultation with a licensed Wyoming legal professional.

Last updated March 2024

bottom of page